Search This Blog

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Question 16 IELTS New restaurant may be built in your neighborhood....

Question 16 IELTS

It has recently been announced that a new restaurant may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.


Answer

I do not welcome a new restaurant is built in my neighborhood. It is not necessary for the region around my house. If it is built, I will not go there. There are significant disadvantages. I will mention two reasons why a new restaurant is not welcome.

The first reason is that I want a silent environment around my house. I do not like to destroy the silence. There is no big road there, and (few) cars do not come in the region. At any time, it is silent. My family bought a house here there because it is silent and peaceful (of that). The environment (or atmosphere) has been keeping calm since then. Suppose that if a restaurant is built, many people outside of the region visit there. Their aim of them is only to eat food at the restaurant. They do not do anything good about (for) other inhabitants. We do not get any benefits from them. In stead of that, the region just change to be noisy. This town around my house does not need any shop and restaurant.

The second reason is that I do not go to the restaurant because it is too near to my house. I do not use a restaurant near my house even now. It is better to cook food than go to a near restaurant. Therefore, I do not know what kinds of restaurants exist in my neighborhood. For example, if I visit some place far from my house, I eat food at a restaurant. However, I do not have to stop by a restaurant on the way to home after visiting, especially a near restaurant. I can stand eating until I reach home. It is only a few minutes. I think that it is waste of money to eat food just before my house.

To sum up, I do not welcome a new restaurant in my neighborhood. It destroys the silent environment, and I do not use a restaurant near my house. The restaurant can build in another area. It is not necessary to select this region. Therefore, I do not support the plan.

No comments: