Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question 26 large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood.

Question 26

It has recently been announced that a large shopping center may be built in your neighborhood. Do you support or oppose this plan? Why? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.


Answer

A large shopping center has many tenants for shopping and amusement. It looks very attractive for the people living in our town. However, I do not agree with the idea that a large shopping center will be built in my neighborhood. There are many disadvantages generated by the shopping center. Of them, I will mention two of the reasons in this essay.

The first reason is that a large shopping center attacks many small shops. In my neighborhood, there is a shopping town having small shops. People living there often go shopping to the shopping town. During the shopping, people talk each other in front of or inside of the shops. They can easily talk each other because the shops are very small. It makes the atmosphere at home. However, if a large shopping center is built, people will go shopping there. They will not buy their necessities in the small shopping town. As a result, the shops will be closed soon. If so, people will not talk with other customers or the manager in the shops. The old atmosphere will be destroyed. I do not like to lose the atmosphere. I want to keep it.

The second reason is that the town will change to be boring by the large shopping center. Usually, a shopping center is located out of the town. Houses and shopping centers are separated. This structure of town looks boring for me. I will explain from my experience. I have lived in a small town in the United States. People bought their necessities in large shopping centers. There was no other ways because there were no small shops there. When I was driving, I passed through houses to reach a shopping center. After passing the shopping center, another town spread out; there were no shops in the town. We had to drive out of the town to find another shopping center again. I do not like the structure of the town. Houses and shops should coexist together. People can buy what they want without car. This structure is ideal for me.

Overall, I do not agree that a new shopping center will be built. It has significant disadvantages. Old small shops will be closed, and the structure of the town will change. They are not good for this town.

No comments: