Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question 34 The money is enough to buy either a pirce of jewelry you like or ticket to a concert you want to attend

Question 34

You have received a gift of money. The money is enough to buy either a pirce of jewelry you like or ticket to a concert you want to attend. Which would you buy? Use specific reasons and details to support your answer.


Answer

To buy what I want is attractive. Especially, jewelry is expensive. I can not buy is so often. I I want it, I can use the money of gift. I can buy it easily. However, I would like to attend a concert. Personally, it is the better way to use the money. There are a couple of reasons below to support my idea.

The origin of the money is important. The money I received by gift is not my own money. The best way of the money is to use it up in a short time. Money is categorized by the origin. Even if we have two 10,000 yen bills, the value differs. It might be strange; however, it is not. The importance is where these two bills come from. The real value changes depending on the origin. Now, I declare two kinds of money. One is the money I earned by myself. The other is the money I did not earn by myself. Which is more valuable for me? The answer is the first. The second one is less valuable. I mean that I do not care to use the money from a gift in a short time.

On the other hand, there is one more reason I do not buy what I want. I want to buy by myself what I really want. The stuff is valuable for me. I know it takes a lot of time, and it is not easy to buy. However, the process until I buy it is wonderful. Moreover, after getting the jewelry, I will treat it as my treasure because I bought it by myself. Of course, using the gift money is extremely easy. If I use it, I do not have to work so much. However, the value of the jewelry will be lower for me. The value between the jewelry from my own money and the jewlry from another person's money is not the same.

To conclude, I enjoy a concert. The value of money differs by its origin. Also, I want to buy by myself what I want. The better way to use the money from a gift is to enjoy a short time.

No comments: