Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question 32 staying in one place or moving in search of another place

Question 32

Some people spend their entire lives in one place. Others move a number of times throughout their lives, looking for a better job, house, community, or even climate. Which do you prefer; staying in one place or moving in search of another place? Use reasons and specific examples to support your oppinion.


Answer

Some people want to move so much. They want a new place to make them excited. However, staying in one place is the better for me. I do not want to move so much. There are three reasons mentioned in this essay.

The primary reason is that I can be familiar with many friends easily. I have a lot of friends in this town now. They are old friends. We have been in touch for more than 20 years. We are still the best friends. We can see often when we want to see. Immediately after five minutes from calling, we can visit our friend's house. However, if we are in long distance, it is impossible. We can not contact so often. I do not like that because friends are valuable for me.

Also, I want call the town where I live a hometown. Hometown in this essay means the place we are accustomed to living in. I know a friend who moved very much. He said he did not have any hometown in his life. He moved every three years by his father's job. Once he was accustomed to a new place, he had to move again. He continued the life when he was young. However, I want to make a hometown. A hometown is a mark of my live. I need to live for a long time in one place to be able to call the place hometown.

Moreover, I can be familiar with the place where I live. We can know everything about the place if staying for a long time. We do not have to use our energy in the place. We find ourselves relax in the surroundings, because the town heals us; however, if we move very much, everything is new. We need to use our energy to be used to the new situations. It makes us exhausted. We continue to adjust to a new place whenever we move. I want to avoid that if possible.

Therefore, I want to stay in one place. We do not have to move so much. We can be familiar with the same people and the place we live in. When we live for a long time, we can say the place hometown. It is possible only if we stay in one place for a long time.

No comments: