Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question 53 travel with a companion or alone

Question 53

Some people like to travel with a companion. Other people prefer to travel alone. Which do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your choice.


Answer

I prefer to travel alone. Except for the travels with my family, I always travel alone. The traveling style is the better for me. I will write the reasons in the following sentences.

First, I can visit places wherever and whenever I want to go. If I travel with a companion, we need to make a plan in advance. We have to combine both statements. In that case, I need to compromise with the other's statements. However, I can control my travel when I travel alone. I can visit wherever I want, and I can stay wherever I want. I also eat whatever I want to. It looks like egoism, but I do not think so because I can travel in my pace. I noticed in my experience that it is hard to adjust to the other's pace when I travel. I want to travel freely.

Second, I can think over my life when I travel alone. There is a lot of time in my travel. For example, it takes many hours when I ride a bus. I have time before sleeping. I use the time to think over my past and future. If I have a companion, I will talk with him or her. I can not think my philosophy. However, traveling alone gives time to ponder. It is a good chance to think over our life because there is no time to muse that in our routine life.

Finally, whoever I talk are people I do not know. All of the people I meet are strangers for me. Inevitably, I need to talk with them even if I do not like to. Consequently, I can not talk with people I am familiar with during the travel. However, traveling with a companion hinders the chances to talk with strangers. I talk with my companion, and we are satisfied by sharing our feeling each other. As a result, I do not talk with other people so much. In my opinion, we need to talk with many people during our travels. We can encounter many strangers, and it makes the travel amazing.

In sum, I prefer to travel alone. It is my traveling style. Traveling alone has advantages such as we can travel freely, think over our life and talk with many people. All of them make the travel exciting. I want to continue the style forever.

No comments: