Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Question 65 Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. Other movies are designed primarily to amuse and entertain.

Question 65

Some movies are serious, designed to make the audience think. Other movies are designed primarily to amuse and entertain. Which type of movies do you prefer? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.


Answer

I like movies to give fun to audience. I do not see so many movies, but whenever I see, I always choose comedies. They make me happier after I finish seeing them. I will write three reasons why I choose only comedies.

First, I do not like people' death. Generally, serious movies do not make us happy. For example, we feel petty when the leading character dies. A person's death is the easiest way to move audience for the producer. They say that we are moved by the scene. All of the audience will memorize the death as a moving scene. However, I do not like the movies which force to move us by death. I do not want to see people are dying. Rather, I do not need such kind of moving.

Second, I can escape from the reality by comedies. I want to forget the reality while seeing movies. Comedies are a good means. I can laugh, and find myself forgetting severe stress. Whenever I get out the theater, I am refreshed. Then, I can work the next day without feeling much stress. On the other hand, severe movies do not refresh me. After the movies, I get more stress. I am sometimes depressed. It is not good for my health because I can not work without stress the next day.

Finally, I sometimes can not understand the contents when I see serious movies. Severe movies are difficult to understand. The incidents are complex; thus, we have to see twice to understand them. In my opinion, easy stories are better. We do not have to see the same movies many times. Except for movies, I can not show the same examples which are difficult to understand in one time. For example, we do not read novels twice. We do not watch TV dramas twice, neither. Therefore, nothing but movies is so difficult to understand. It is strange that only movies have difficult contents.

To sum up, I like to see entertaining movies. They dispel my stress away. I do not like people are dying, and difficult contents in severe movies. Entertaining movies are better for me if I choose one of them.

1 comment:

english158 said...

this isn't a good response...